Saturday, March 24, 2007

Scrapbooking - making photographs better, one page at a time

When you start scrapbooking, the way you take pictures changes. You find yourself taking pictures with thoughts of scrapbook page designs in your head. You find yourself taking pictures of signs to show where you were. You find yourself carrying your camera everywhere you go....just in case.

And then, probably by increased picture taking, your pictures improve.....and if you do it right, they are enhanced by how you design the page around them. I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, but pictures taken at Drummond Island are some of my favorites. I took this picture below in July 2006:

And then, I scrapbooked it:

It's about way more than the pictures though, in scrapbooking, or at least in my version of it your double page layout has to match, or at least coordinate. This layout was slightly difficult, mostly because I couldn't find a page to match the family paper, of which I had only purchased one sheet. Important Lesson.....always buy two pieces of paper, unless you are 100% sure you will only need one.....and then buy two anyways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.